cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric-enabled 10/100/1000 48-port cards for 6509?

thomas.reiling
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there are available fabric-enabled 10/100/1000 48-port cards for 6509's with sup 2's?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It is fabric-enabled. It has a dedicated 8Gbps port to the fabric.

View solution in original post

Hi

As Edison says it is fabric-enabled but it does have quite a limitation in that it shares a 1Mb buffer between 8 ports.

Any 67xx module only works with the sup720.

Jon

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WS-X6548-GE-TX, however you will also need a SFM module (WS-X6500-SFM2) as the Supervisor II does not have a fabric connection to the chassis.

Thank you, but this card doesn't seem to be fabric-enabled. I did, however, find the WS-X6748-GE-TX, which looks as if it is fabric-enabled. I wonder if it will work with Sup II's?

It is fabric-enabled. It has a dedicated 8Gbps port to the fabric.

Edison - is this card, WS-X6548-GE-TX, end of life?

And thank you very much for your quick responses.

Hi

As Edison says it is fabric-enabled but it does have quite a limitation in that it shares a 1Mb buffer between 8 ports.

Any 67xx module only works with the sup720.

Jon

Hello,

Does the oversubsription rate on each port (1.2:1) only come into play if the 40 limit is reached?

William

8Gbps connection to switch fabric.

48 ports.

So each group of 6 ports will get 1Gbps shared between them to the switch fabric. So if you want to avoid oversubscription you can use just 8 ports and each of those ports would get 1Gbps dedicated.

Note that depending on the module the port groups are not necessarily sequential and from memory i can't recall how the port groups are made up on a 6548.

HTH

Jon

Jon,

On the 6548, they are grouped sequentially.

1-8

9-16

17-24

25-32

33-40

41-48

See http://i2.tinypic.com/6q2l10h.jpg

Thanks Edison, i can never remember these without looking them up :)

I used to post information without looking it up, until you correct me on the 6548 being fabric on a previous post :)

:)

Hi,

Sorry I should have been more specific...

using a WS-X6748-GE-TX card in a sup-720-3b

William

In which case you are right about it being 40 ports as the 6748 has 2 x 20Gbps connections to the switch fabric.

I'm going to leave it to Edison for the port groupings :)

Jon

See attached

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco