cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric-enabled 10/100/1000 48-port cards for 6509?

thomas.reiling
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there are available fabric-enabled 10/100/1000 48-port cards for 6509's with sup 2's?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It is fabric-enabled. It has a dedicated 8Gbps port to the fabric.

View solution in original post

Hi

As Edison says it is fabric-enabled but it does have quite a limitation in that it shares a 1Mb buffer between 8 ports.

Any 67xx module only works with the sup720.

Jon

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WS-X6548-GE-TX, however you will also need a SFM module (WS-X6500-SFM2) as the Supervisor II does not have a fabric connection to the chassis.

Thank you, but this card doesn't seem to be fabric-enabled. I did, however, find the WS-X6748-GE-TX, which looks as if it is fabric-enabled. I wonder if it will work with Sup II's?

It is fabric-enabled. It has a dedicated 8Gbps port to the fabric.

Edison - is this card, WS-X6548-GE-TX, end of life?

And thank you very much for your quick responses.

Hi

As Edison says it is fabric-enabled but it does have quite a limitation in that it shares a 1Mb buffer between 8 ports.

Any 67xx module only works with the sup720.

Jon

Hello,

Does the oversubsription rate on each port (1.2:1) only come into play if the 40 limit is reached?

William

8Gbps connection to switch fabric.

48 ports.

So each group of 6 ports will get 1Gbps shared between them to the switch fabric. So if you want to avoid oversubscription you can use just 8 ports and each of those ports would get 1Gbps dedicated.

Note that depending on the module the port groups are not necessarily sequential and from memory i can't recall how the port groups are made up on a 6548.

HTH

Jon

Jon,

On the 6548, they are grouped sequentially.

1-8

9-16

17-24

25-32

33-40

41-48

See http://i2.tinypic.com/6q2l10h.jpg

Thanks Edison, i can never remember these without looking them up :)

I used to post information without looking it up, until you correct me on the 6548 being fabric on a previous post :)

:)

Hi,

Sorry I should have been more specific...

using a WS-X6748-GE-TX card in a sup-720-3b

William

In which case you are right about it being 40 ports as the 6748 has 2 x 20Gbps connections to the switch fabric.

I'm going to leave it to Edison for the port groupings :)

Jon

See attached

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card