cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Agent Desktop error message

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

When I launch CAD, I get an error message prior to logging in. The message is "A Configuration update is necessary, however, you lack sufficient privileges. Administration privileges are required to perform the update. Do you wish to continue?"

Has anyone else received this error? I did not ever receive this error loged in as a regular user on the laptop that I used for lab testing, but do receive it on all desktop PCs that were put into production with user privileges. It doesn't matter if you click yes or no, it still continues to the login.

On some PCs that get this message, I still get any updates I make to the CAD confiuration using Cisco Desktop Administrator. Others do not get the updates.

Thanks for any information.

Mark

5 Replies 5

Yes, log in as an administrator and run CAD, then you should be able to update the CAD software. More than likely an ES or patch was installed on the CAD server which requires the clients to be updated.

If Enterprise you can update CAD by going to http://IP OF CAD Server:8088/TUP/CAD/Install.htm

david

David,

Thanks. I think I had just tried this and it did work, but would like to confirm it is the same thing you are talking about.

I logged in as a Local administrator and launched CAD. I then logged out and back in as a regular user and did not receive the error message. I was, however, able to receive configuration updates made through Desktop Administrator.

Please let me know if this is what the same as you talking about. It does sound the same to me, but I didn't see in your reply where a regular user logged in after the administrator. I assume that is what you are talking about but wanted to make sure.

Also, is there a way to disable auto update?

Thanks,

Mark

yes, once you log in as an administrator and update the client users will be able to use CAD normally. you can disable auto updates through CAD admin.

david

Thanks David,

I wasn't able to locate where to disable auto update in the CAD Administrator. Do you happen to know how to do it?

Also, have you found a way to effectively manage CAD without giving users administrator privilege? For example, possibly using Microsoft SMS to launch the CAD software after hours whenever an update to CAD is loaded on the UCCX server? I'm thinking this might be able to replace manually logging in to launch CAD as an administrator.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Administrator privileges are only required for application updates and not to receive the updates to the CAD GUI, such as adding or removing a button from the CAD menu bar.

I do appreciate your help on this.

I have an update for this thread. SMS did work for updating CAD for minor release updates, but when we just recently upgraded our UCCX server the update contained a CAD service pack that required an acknoledgement to continue the install. SMS was not able to remotely install this service pack.

Our entire call center was down for half a day while we were remotely logging into every PC to perform the service pack update. This is by far not an effective way to manage a product.

Has everyone else using this product just given their agents admin rights to their PC?

Please let me know if anyone else is dealing with this issue.

Thanks,

Mark