cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Diag info

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I am having a hard time understanding what unity micro trace is localed under what process. In other words, if I enable a microtrace, under which process will I find the trace? thanks

3 Replies 3

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

To obtain micro trace MIU diagnostics follow these steps:-

Step 1 On the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Unity > Unity Diagnostic Tool.

Step 2 On the Cisco Unity Diagnostic Viewer screen, click the Configure Micro Traces icon. The Configure Micro Traces wizard appears.

Step 3 On the Welcome page, click Next.

Step 4 On the Configure Micro Traces page, check the boxes for selected traces in components beginning with Miu.

Step 5 Click Next.

Step 6 On the Completing page, click Finish.

Step 7 On the Cisco Unity Diagnostic Viewer screen, click the Start New Log Files icon.

Step 8 Reproduce the problem.

Step 9 To view the log files, in the Tree pane, click Processes > AvCsMgr, and then click the Current log file.

Step 10 The selected log file is appears in the right pane.

Step 11 To export or save a copy of the log file, on the Action menu, click Export List.

Step 12 Name the file and save it to a location of your choice in .txt or .csv format, then click Save.

Step 13 To turn off the traces set in Step 4, on the Cisco Unity Diagnostic Viewer screen, click the Disable All Traces icon.

Step 14 In the Disable All Traces Wizard screen, check the Disable All Traces check box, and click Finish.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

So then if I understand this correctly, any micro trace I turn on will be visible under AvCsMgr>current log file? does that also hold true for macro traces? thanks

Yes that is correct, and the same is applicable to macro traces. Follow these steps:-

To obtain macro trace MIU diagnostics

Step 1 On the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Unity > Unity Diagnostic Tool.

Step 2 On the Cisco Unity Diagnostic Viewer screen, click the Configure Macro Traces icon. The Configure Macro Traces wizard appears.

Step 3 On the Welcome page, click Next.

Step 4 On the Configure Macro Traces page, check the boxes for selected traces.

Step 5 Click Next.

Step 6 On the Completing page, click Finish.

Step 7 On the Cisco Unity Diagnostic Viewer screen, click the Start New Log Files icon.

Step 8 Reproduce the problem.

Step 9 To view the log files, in the Tree pane, click Processes > AvCsMgr, and then click the Current log file.

Step 10 The selected log file is appears in the right pane.

Step 11 To export or save a copy of the log file, on the Action menu, click Export List.

Step 12 Name the file and save it to a location of your choice in .txt or .csv format, then click Save.

Step 13 To turn off the traces set in Step 4, on the Cisco Unity Diagnostic Viewer screen, click the Disable All Traces icon.

Step 14 In the Disable All Traces Wizard screen, check the Disable All Traces check box, and click Finish.

The information above, and in the previous post can be found in this good Unity troubleshooting guide under logs and traces:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/401/troubleshooting/guide/ex/TSG_0150.html

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: