Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Installation

mohammednw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I am trying to install Unity 4.0 on vmWare server. I installed win 2K advanced server updated it with SP4, installed IIS and MSMQ and also installed Exchange 2K, I also installed SQL 2K with SP$ and then i used CUICA..... created OUs and Service accounts as needed..... when i tried to run the permission wizard it says 'Wizard uses other system resources which are not installed. please install them and run the wizard again' I dont have CUSPA on the DVDs i have with me......

6 Replies 6

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Did you happen to run the adschemasetup.exe before trying to run Permissions Wizard?

I hope this helps.

Hi

yes i did run it. i created the domain accounts but i did not create a mailbox for it......

is this something preventing me from a clean installation???

From the installation guide:

Creating the Accounts Required for the Cisco Unity Installation

To Create Domain Accounts for Cisco Unity Installation, Administration, and Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 On the Cisco Unity server, log on to Windows by using an account that is a member of the Domain Admins group.

Step 2 On the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Microsoft Exchange > Active Directory Users and Computers or click Programs > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.

Step 3 In the left pane, expand the domain, right-click Users or the organizational unit where you want to create the installation account, and click New > User.

Step 4 Follow the on-screen prompts to create the installation account. Creating an Exchange mailbox is optional.

I personally create one all the time though so I would not no if I did not work.

rlp

Did you ever get this fixed? How? What was the cause of the error?

rlp

Hi

I figured it out..... it was about the permissions...

Unity msg store needs the explicit Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store (which permissions wizard does not take care of) and also by default the account is denied Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store......

Thansk everybody who tried to help me