Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Installation

mohammednw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I am trying to install Unity 4.0 on vmWare server. I installed win 2K advanced server updated it with SP4, installed IIS and MSMQ and also installed Exchange 2K, I also installed SQL 2K with SP$ and then i used CUICA..... created OUs and Service accounts as needed..... when i tried to run the permission wizard it says 'Wizard uses other system resources which are not installed. please install them and run the wizard again' I dont have CUSPA on the DVDs i have with me......

6 Replies 6

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Did you happen to run the adschemasetup.exe before trying to run Permissions Wizard?

I hope this helps.

Hi

yes i did run it. i created the domain accounts but i did not create a mailbox for it......

is this something preventing me from a clean installation???

From the installation guide:

Creating the Accounts Required for the Cisco Unity Installation

To Create Domain Accounts for Cisco Unity Installation, Administration, and Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 On the Cisco Unity server, log on to Windows by using an account that is a member of the Domain Admins group.

Step 2 On the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Microsoft Exchange > Active Directory Users and Computers or click Programs > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.

Step 3 In the left pane, expand the domain, right-click Users or the organizational unit where you want to create the installation account, and click New > User.

Step 4 Follow the on-screen prompts to create the installation account. Creating an Exchange mailbox is optional.

I personally create one all the time though so I would not no if I did not work.

rlp

Did you ever get this fixed? How? What was the cause of the error?

rlp

Hi

I figured it out..... it was about the permissions...

Unity msg store needs the explicit Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store (which permissions wizard does not take care of) and also by default the account is denied Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store......

Thansk everybody who tried to help me

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: