cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mitel to CIC Communication through a Cisco SIP to QSIG GW

m.newbould
Level 1
Level 1

W have a customer who is trying to link a CIC SIP CallCentre to the existing Mitel SX2000 voice network using a Cisco 3800 series gateway. The Mitel is connected into the Gateway using QSIG, with the CIC system using SIP to the gateway in order to call the Mitel system.

This works in part... If we make a call from the QSIG Side (Mitel) to the SIP side (CIC) then the call is established and works fine. If we make a call the other way (SIP to QSIG) it fails. The phone actually rings, but when you pick up the phone, you still hear ring tone in the originating phone, which is a signalling issue from QSIG to SIP.

If we enable debugs, we can see the message coming back from the QSIG side to say that the handset has been picked up, but we never see a similar message go out to the SIP side from the gateway.

Has anyone come across this or a similar issue before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

can you include the debug isdn q931 output please.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of that debug at the moment. I will try and get hold of it and attach it.

Regards

Mark.

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved?

I'm trying to do a similar thing, that is CIC via SIP to Cisco Gateway to CUCMv7.1 (H323) and I have exactly the same issue as you described; I can call from the CUCM to the CIC system fine but not the other way (same result as you descibed)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

John

It's possible that there may be a delayed offer/early offer to fast start/slow start interop issue. Can you collect the following debugs for a failed call from the voice gateway.

debug ccsip message

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

debug h225 q931

debug voip ccapi inout

Also, please include the current running configuration of the gateway.

-Felipe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: