cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot issue -weird

UCBNOCWAN
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CCM 4.1(3). Yesterday I was trying to configure a DID number in our range as a Hunt Pilot. I was unable to add ot & the system message was that it's in use. I checked route patterns, MeetMe, Call Park, DN's, existing Hunt Pilots, translation patterns & couldn't find any such #. Interestingly, I was able to add that # immediately afterwards as a DN ( didn't even show shared line). I am pretty sure that the number doesn't exist anywhere else in the system. What could have caused this issue??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Abhijit,

Sadly, this would be too logical :) The DN in question always needs to be deleted from the "Unassigned DN's" before re-use. You may need to start over from scratch with this DN, remove it from use, remove it from the Route Plan Report and then re-assign. Some really crazy things can happen if you don't follow this methodology.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to simulate this right now and was not able to add a number as pilot which was in "Unassigned DN". This number was not currently configured anywhere in system but was previously configured and was deleted. As a result, it was in Unassigned DNs. I deleted the number from there and then I was able to add it as a pilot.

Could you check if the number you were trying to add in there in Unassigned DNs, if it is there in same partition, delete it and try to add again as Pilot.

Anand,

Thanks a lot. I was guessing something along those lines but was not totally sure. How do I find un-assigned DN's?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit Das.

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

If you run a route plan report, you should be able to see all instances of the number that you are trying to assign as a Hunt Pilot. It could be that you have a phantom DN somewhere.

I am looking into your suggestion. Thanks a ton Matt.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abhijit,

Just to add a note to the great info from Matt and Anad, here are the details;

Try this method via the Route Plan Report;

Deleting Unassigned Directory Numbers

This section describes how to delete an unassigned directory number from the route plan report. Directory numbers get configured and removed in the Directory Number Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. When a directory number gets removed from a device or a phone gets deleted, the directory number still exists in the Cisco CallManager database. To delete the directory number from the database, use the Route Plan Report window.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Route Plan > Route Plan Report.

The Route Plan Report window displays. Use the three drop-down list boxes to specify a route plan report that lists all unassigned DNs.

Step 2 Three ways exist to delete directory numbers:

a. Click the directory number that you want to delete. When the Directory Number Configuration window displays, click Delete.

b. Check the check box next to the directory number that you want to delete. Click Delete Selected.

c. To delete all found unassigned directory numbers, click Delete all Found Items.

A warning message verifies that you want to delete the directory number.

Step 3 To delete the directory number, click OK. To cancel the delete request, click Cancel.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed686.html#wp1024696

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I have assigned the number in question as a DN & the number is currently live.

Just now I was unable to locate it in "Unassigned DN's" in Route Plan Report. Once the number is live, does it stop showing up on un-assigned DN's? ( logically it should).

Thanks a ton..

Regards,

Abhijit.

Hi Abhijit,

Sadly, this would be too logical :) The DN in question always needs to be deleted from the "Unassigned DN's" before re-use. You may need to start over from scratch with this DN, remove it from use, remove it from the Route Plan Report and then re-assign. Some really crazy things can happen if you don't follow this methodology.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I tried with another "Unassigned DN" & bingo, I was unable to add it as a Hunt Pilot. I shall follow the method suggested by you once the number is removed from production on Monday. ( it's only a temporary request).

Thanks & have a nice day.

Regards,

Abhijit.

Hey Abhijit,

You are most welcome my friend :) Good luck with this as well!

Take care,

Rob

Rob / Anand / Matt,

I want to express my sincere thanks to all the fantastic three of you for resolving my issue. I tried with the same number today after removing it from "Unassigned DN's" & it worked fine.

Have a nice day, all of you.

Regards,

Abhijit Das.

Hi Abhijit,

I'm sure that I speak for Anand and Matt as well when I tell you that you are always welcome! 5 points for you for following up on this and letting us know what the resolution was. Cheers!

Take care,

Rob

Rob,

thanks a ton for the rating. Was a bit surprised at this, must admit!

Take care & have a nice day.

Regards,

Abhijit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: