cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can be integrate Cisco Call manager 5.0 with Microsoft server 2007

aryandav_bali
Level 1
Level 1

Can we integrate Microsoft server 2007 with Microsoft server 2007 UM without using Unity,

I have tested this sennario by making a SIP trunk between Callmanager and Microsoft Exchage server 2007 but i am facing a problem, when i have made a test call form Microsoft UM server console, i have got that call on my Cisco IP-Phone with Caller ID Unknown Number.

But when i have made a call from my cisco IP Phone to my Voice mail Pilot number i have got a busy tone.

Please suggest me what problem can be there.

Reg

Arun Sharma

7 Replies 7

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Can be integrate Cisco Call manager 5.0 with Microsoft server 2007

you probably can but why?

Unity is way better.

rlp

Hi

wht in my senario i have Unity 4.0 and my exchange server is Microsoft exchange 2007, and i can't integrate Microsoft Exchange 2007 with Unity 4.0

So i am trying to integrate Call manager 5.0 with Microsoft Exchage 2007

And as per Microsoft this is posible, and i m filling that this is posible, because Microsoft UM is able to pass a call from there console to my Call-Manager 5.0

and one an other porblem that i am facing is my Message Interface services get down after some interval of time

do u have any solution for that also.

and wht is the function of MTU in Voice mailing and wht are the setting that we have required to configure this.

I am going to get flamed for this but purchase Unity 5.0, it will support exchange 2007.

rlp

Absolutely, you CAN use Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging with CallManager version 5.x. HOWEVER, it does not natively support message waiting indicators, MWI. You will have to go through a third party company. As far as calling, you can send calls back and forth as well as through your call manager. From a business standpoint, our company decided not to implement MWI because most of our employees have blackberry's and they would get the vmail via email.

As far as implementation instructions... You can find some instructions on Microsoft's Technet Newsgroups site but I found them complicated. If you want more detailed instructions, I could send them to you...

Hi -

I don't have personal experience with this, but this TechNet forum entry, as mentioned by Walter, doesn't appear too complicated. Drill down a bit and you will see the configuration commands and versions used by the poster - http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=684254&SiteID=17

Just an FYI - if your users are accustomed to getting MWI on their Cisco phones, you will want to duplicate this functionality by getting a third-party product.

Ginger

I seem to be having the same issue in my lab the microsoft server can ring the phone but I am unable to dial the pilot number and reach microsoft vmail. I have tried creating a resource group and this did not help.

The technet instructions do have some gaps.

I would be interedted if you have additional information on integrating these two.

thanks

Duane,

Did you ever get this to work?

I have a few problems with getting everything working, hoping you had some insight.

I can call an extension and leave a vm. I can retrieve that message in outlook, but not from the phone.

Also, when I hit the messages button from a phone, I get the generic greeting instead of login message.

Thaks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: