Views
Helpful
Replies

need your advice

batumibatumi
Level 1
Level 1

Friends,

I have PIX 525 and want to divide inside interface into 3 sabinterfaces (VLANs)... Is it possable to filter internet traffic (sach as: http, xxx, traffic shapping, TCP connections, FTP and etc ....) through the PIX >>> and if it possable how do it ? My frined told me that, config WIN-PORXY or something like that and filter traffic through it ? Just do 3 subinterfaces in PIX, and open TCP, IP, UDP ports... (I think it looks pritty bed...) Need your advice what is the most way to resolve my problem ?

Regards, Batumi3

5 Replies 5

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you can creae 3 subinterfaces and do VLAN taggigng. But PIX is not a filter device, it is a firewall. For filtering purposes, you need something that works on application layer, Websense software for example. PIX can integrate with Websense. AFAIK, PIX does not do filtering. All you can do is blocking outbound ports.

I'm downloading WEBSENS now... there was written that i can filter HTTP, FTP, or HTTPS ... ??? Is it true ??? Do you recommend me to use Proxy server and not using WEBSENSE SERVER ??? What do you do recommend me to do in this case ? Do you know recommended configuration for PIX ... ? pleas be kind and give me the link of course if you have ! :) tnx, IN ADVANE

Regards, Batumi3

Great tnx... it was very kind to help me from your side...

Regards, Batumi3

You are welcome Batumi. Please dont forget to rate helpful post :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card