cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure VWIC for 9MB multilink T1s

CHRIS KALETH
Level 5
Level 5

We have a 2821 router with (3) VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1. We are adding a fractional DS3 and I want to know how to "bundle" all of the cards to combine for a 9MB circuit.

Here is our existing 3MB multilink config. I will be adding 2 more VWICs on this router.

interface Multilink1

bandwidth 3072

ip address 10.x.x.10 255.255.255.252

ip route-cache flow

delay 100

no keepalive

ppp multilink

ppp multilink group 1

service-policy output VOICE-POLICY

interface Serial0/0/0:0

description MPLS 0/0/0

bandwidth 1536

no ip address

no ip redirects

ip flow egress

encapsulation ppp

ip route-cache flow

no fair-queue

ppp multilink

ppp multilink group 1

interface Serial0/0/1:0

description MPLS 0/0/1

bandwidth 1536

no ip address

no ip redirects

ip flow egress

encapsulation ppp

ip route-cache flow

no fair-queue

ppp multilink

ppp multilink group 1

2 Replies 2

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The additional T1s could just be added to the multilink interface the same way the two existing ones are configured.

There is one question I have however: Why are you mentioning a fractional DS3? Do you have additional equipment, which will multiplex the T1s into a fractional DS3? Or do you get a DS3 interface from a provider, which you would like to terminate on the router? In other words: how many cables do you connect to the 2800?

If you need a single DS3 interface, then the existing VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 will not be of much assistance.

Regards, Martin

Thanks Martin.

My mistake....its not a frac DS3 (that was our second option instead of installing the multiple T1's).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card