cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast MoH Working in PSTN, doesen't Work on-site.

Hi friend,

i've got a big plroblem, i haved configured multicast MoH with CCM/SrSt on remote site. On remote site when i call from PSTN I can hear MoH and when they put me in "waiting",on router SRST i see that Multicast MoH is working good . But the problem is when the customer call on-site, they can't hear MoH. what can be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matteo, firstly I want clarify that I understand your topolgy, essentially you have a hub and spoke WAN with SRST at the remote branches which also provide MMoH?

If my understanding is correct, then the fact the 'show ccm-manager music' indicates that the CallManager is allocating the MMoH request, and therefore it is correctly configured for MMoH.

Ensure that your MMoH server/audio-source is associated with a device-pool where the region is configured to stream G711 to all other regions/remote branches. MMoH on IOS only support G711.

Two aspects which you initially try, firstly verify with 'show ephone summary' that the audio-file does not show invalid or in error.

If the file does show invalid then try removing and re-applying call-manager-fallback', this should correct the problem.

Secondly, add the gig0/0 interface to the mmoh command under call-manager-fallback:-

'multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 10.254.254.1 10.9.202.3'

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Make sure that you have the 'ccm-manager music' command configured on the voice gateway.

Regards

Allan.

the command issued were present in configuration , "ccm-manager music-on-old", but the problems is already present!

Please post the output of a 'show ccm-manager music' when you have a PSTN on-call on-hold, and also the configuration of the SRST gateway if possible.

Regards

Allan.

H323-Argelato#sh ccm-manager music-on-hold

Current active multicast sessions : 1

Multicast RTP port Packets Call Codec Incoming

Address number in/out id Interface

===================================================================

239.1.1.1 16384 248/248 143540 g711ulaw Lo0

Matteo, thank you for providing the information I request, however I need to understand the exact issue.

What I need to know or clarify is what you mean when you say when the customer calls on-site, to you calling into remote-site from PSTN?

Regards

Allan.

For calls on-site i mean for example all calls in a location. I try to explain: i have two remote CCM, this remotes CCM provide he's services to 20 remote site that are built whit a router SRST in a MPLS network. When the customer make a call from 1 of this remote site and the call renain on the remote site, they can't hear the music-on-hold!

Hi

understand that the call remains on site but if the CCM is not resident on the same site, (i mean if the CCM is on the other site) still u need to enable multicast routing.....

because if i am not wrong the source of the MOH is the call manager and its not being able to route the MOH to the destination router....

forgive me if i am wrong...

Hi,

You will need to enable some sort of multicast routing for the stream to go somewhere.

How is your voice gw connected to the local IP Phones?

Regards, Avner.

exactly......

multicast routing has to be enabled on the routers....

following is the syntax

in global configuration mode

ip multicas-routing

on the interfaces

ip pim dense-mode

ip join group

i dont exactly remember the syntax but this is just an indicative of what u need to do

yes, it's connected to local ip phones.

Matteo, firstly I want clarify that I understand your topolgy, essentially you have a hub and spoke WAN with SRST at the remote branches which also provide MMoH?

If my understanding is correct, then the fact the 'show ccm-manager music' indicates that the CallManager is allocating the MMoH request, and therefore it is correctly configured for MMoH.

Ensure that your MMoH server/audio-source is associated with a device-pool where the region is configured to stream G711 to all other regions/remote branches. MMoH on IOS only support G711.

Two aspects which you initially try, firstly verify with 'show ephone summary' that the audio-file does not show invalid or in error.

If the file does show invalid then try removing and re-applying call-manager-fallback', this should correct the problem.

Secondly, add the gig0/0 interface to the mmoh command under call-manager-fallback:-

'multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 10.254.254.1 10.9.202.3'

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks for all man, but now i have another problem, in one "Spoke" i can't hear moh when i call from PSTN. what can be the problem? in attach a debug of the problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: