cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade phones and users from 3.3 to 4.2 sr3

n.lichatz
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading the CM to 4.2 from 3.3. I know the database has changed between these two versions. Is there any one who has created a script to convert the phones and users into the new format or am I missing something easy here?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nick,

I'm not sure if I understood your question or not (probably not :) but this type of upgrade uses a multi-step approach to migrate the data from CCM 3.3 to 4.2(3). There are different considerations depending on whether or not the Servers are being replaced etc.

Upgrading Your Cisco Unified CallManager Server (When You Are Not Replacing Hardware)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You cannot upgrade directly from Cisco CallManager Release 3.2 or earlier to Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.2. If your server runs a version of Cisco CallManager Release 3.2 or earlier, you must first upgrade every server in the cluster to the latest version of Cisco CallManager Release 3.3, 4.0, or 4.1 before you can upgrade to a version of Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.2. For information on upgrading to Cisco CallManager Release 3.3, refer to the latest version of Upgrading Cisco CallManager Release 3.3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If you are upgrading from Cisco CallManager 3.3, you must use the disks from the Cisco Unified CallManager 4.2(3) software kit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00807202d7.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

I am using the same hardware and was just concerned about using the BAT tool to extract the phone/user database from 3.3 and import them to 4.2. diffrent databases and it will not work unless you do ?????

Hi Nick,

If all you want from the 3.3 database is the phone/user info, you may be able to use the BAT Export from 3.3 and then BAT Import on 4.2. Be careful with the actual BAT format between versions as they will not match exactly for sure. With some tweaking this would probably work. Try some example Export/Imports to fine tune the .csv or BAT.xlt details before going for the lot.

Hope this helps!

Rob