Replies

Error when opening DataCollection Device list from Campus home

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I receive the following error when clicking on

CM > Home and then on the 'Result' for DataCollection (the number of devices):

Error

An error occured in generating Discovery Details report. Unable to load properties from server. Please try after sometime.

Report could not be found.

the URL that is called by clicking on the number is

http://servername:1741/campus/discoveryDetail?statId=0

the report exists under

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\discoverymetrics

and is the same as the one with the highest number

calling the URL directly gives the same error, replacing statId=0 with any other existing report-number, shows the report without any error.

So the failure must be in the mentioned properties file - but which one is it?

I haven't found anything in the log files.

Currently I see no other error in Campus.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is Campus 5.0, check the Campus.log and NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log for errors. If this is Campus 4.0, the stdout.log should have more details as to why this is not working.

it is Campus 5.0.1- fresh installation on win2k SP2 (all application patches except cwa) I will check these log files and report tomorrow. Is it possible to enable debugging for this issue?

in the attached file there is the error I see in NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log

which states:

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

com.cisco.nm.uii.reports.ReportException: Could not restore stack of tables with id "cisco982ca42d8640f79c5b1f4df86ee5c8f"

...always the same... attached is the log... :-)

This looks like a bug. The underlying cause is that one or both of your Data Collection timestamps are missing from the database. In that case, a NullPointerException is thrown while formatting. Assuming the ANI database is not corrupt, another Data Collection should fix this.

You may also need to restart ANIServer before running the new Data Collection if the actual timestamp row is missing in the database.

It is a fresh installation so I do not assume that the ANI database is yet corrupted.

I tried the following without success:

- restart crmdmgtd, new DataCollection

- stop crmdmgtd, reboot server, new DataCollection

- several rounds of disco and subsequent DataCollections

With this installation I never was able to launch the report from that point, but it is not a problem to get all DC reports from Campus > Admin > Reports > DataCollection Reports

At the very beginning before configuring the SW I removed the default Scheduled Disco but not the default Scheduled Data Collection - so DC run several times without a previous disco.

What is the locale of your server. If you do not have a US English localized server, I suppose this problem could occur.

the system locale is US_english , but (default) Input locale was changed to german;

You should probably open a TAC service request as some database analysis will need to be done as to why the date is not being properly parsed. It might also be helpful to include the Data Collection "Last Completion Time" from the Campus Manager homepage.

I filed CSCsl71054 to fix the error you're seeing, but I'm not sure why you're seeing it in the first place. In any event, I have a patch that will at least allow you to see the DC report. You can tell your TAC engineer to contact me directly for it.

Thanks I will do that. Currently I am on site at another customer but I will do that asap.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: