mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

Here's my IPT environment:

CCM 5.1.2

Unity 4.2(1)VM

Exchange (IMAP) 2003

This is a new install and I am looking for the right and bug free version of CSA and Antivirus. Could you please let me know which version of CSA and Anitvirus I can use? Please also send me a Doc showing how to install CSA and Antivirus in CCM 5.1 (Linux). And my last question is do I need to schedule a downtime?

Thanks,

MK

3 Replies 3

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

For your information the following antivirus software has been qualified by Cisco for use with Cisco Unity 4.2 and later:

This information was taken from the Hardware and Software Support policy for Unity 4.2:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/support/42lsupp.html#wp469951

•Computer Associates InoculateIT for Microsoft Windows NT and Windows 2000, version 4.53, build 627 and later.

•McAfee

-ePolicy Orchestrator, version 3.0 and later. The ePolicy Orchestrator agent is supported for use on the Cisco Unity server only when it is configured to accept updates rather than acting as the source for pushing updates to other computers.

-GroupShield Domino, version 5.0 and later.

-NetShield for Microsoft Windows NT and Windows 2000, version 4.5 and later.

-VirusScan Enterprise, version 7.0 and later.

•Symantec

-AntiVirus Corporate Edition, version 8.1 and later.

-Norton AntiVirus for Lotus Notes/Domino, version 2.5 and later.

-Norton AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange, version 2.13 and later.

-Norton AntiVirus for Microsoft Windows NT and Windows 2000, version 5.02 and later.

•Trend Micro

-ScanMail for Lotus Notes, version 2.5 and later.

-ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange 2000, version 5 and later.

-ServerProtect for Microsoft Windows, version 5.5 and later.

With regards to CSA for Unity the latest release is 3.0.2, and below are the software requirement for same take from this link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/302cusecagtrelnotes.html

Software Requirements-Cisco Unity

•Cisco Unity version 4.0(1) or later running on the Cisco Unity server.

•Microsoft Windows Server 2003 in English, Windows 2000 Server in English, or Windows 2000 Advanced Server in English running on the Cisco Unity server. Other language versions are not supported.

•A qualified message store:

-If the message store is installed on the Cisco Unity server, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Exchange 2000, or Exchange 5.5 for the message store.

-If the message store is not installed on the Cisco Unity server, IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange 2007, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2000, or Exchange 5.5 for the message store.

•Cisco Security Agent for Cisco Unity can be installed on Exchange server(s) and/or on the domain controller/global catalog server (DC/GC) only when Cisco Unity is installed in a Voice Messaging configuration.

Do not install Cisco Security Agent for Cisco Unity:

-On the message store server(s) or the DC/GC when Cisco Unity is installed in a Unified Messaging configuration.

-On a Domino server.

-On a server running a 64-bit version of Windows

The CSA for CCM 5.x and 6.x is automatically pre-installed with these releases. The only option to upgrade the CSA if necessary with a later release.

Please review the following document, it detail installing and troubleshooting CSA for release 4.x, 5.x and 6.x.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/csa/6_0/csaccm60.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks Allan,

Do I need to reboot the servers after installing Anti-virus and CSA.

Thanks,

MK

Each AV is different. Some will install with no reboot, others will need a reboot to function properly.

As for the CSA, I do believe you need to restart regardless.

I'd also suggest, if you're installing CSA for the first time, install AV first to save yourself a little time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: