cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sample config please - 911 while in mgcp mode

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

im hoping some one will share a sample config in call manager (4.1.3) that shows how to config an fxo port to dial 9911 and 911 while in mgcp mode.

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure your ROUTE LIST in CCM is registered. If not, RESET it.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Just like configuring route patterns for your local, Long distance, etc calls.

Couple tips:

If 9 is your outside access code, then you will need to check "provide outside dial tone" on both the 911 and 9.911 route patterns.

I like to create a separate route group and route list for 911 dialing, say Mysite_911_RG and Mysite_911_RL. If you have other telephone circuits at that site (T1, ISDN PRI, etc) then you can dial 911 only using the FXO port or the FXO port as a backup in case the other circuit goes down. Depends on your design.

You can optionally check the "urgent priority" checkbox so that after the user dials 911 or 9911 it doesn't wait for more digits. You might have a long distance pattern that overlaps with the 911 pattern, so the 10 second wait will happen unless you have urgent priority checked.

Leaving urgent priority unchecked may be desired. In case someone hits the 1 twice while trying to make a long distance call. This could give the caller some time to realize they dialed 911 by mistake.

thanks for the tips - i'll let you know how it goes when im done.

You should also configure dial-peers with mgcpapp:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

port 1/1

application mgcpapp

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Question. Are you looking for a solution that will automatically dial emergency services when you go off-hook?

If this is the case then take a look at the following link, it describes how to configure hotdial or PLAR (Private Line Automatic Ring-Down):-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Essentially you can configure a device which will automatically dial 911 when going off-hook.

Follow the steps described in this documents, and configure the MGCP FXO endpoint as normal.

I would then recommend configuring a Partition call PT_Emergency for example and assign this to a route-pattern 9.@ which uses a route-filter where emergency service = 911.

Assign either the Route-List or MGCP Gateway to the route pattern depending whether or not you have assigned the FXO port to a Route-group/list.

Create an Emergency only CSS which includes the PT_Emergency and assign this CSS to the device you are using for PLAR.

Not sure whether this something you are looking at, but I thought I would mention another option.

Regards

Allan.

ohhh, Alan,

That is a good point. Assign the Emergency_CSS which has as its only member EMERGENCY_PT and assign it to the phone DEVICE (not the line.)

On the line, configure your normal CSS. Make sure it doesn't have the EMERGENCY_PT in it.

CallManager combines the DEVICE CSS and the LINE CSS then NORMALLY gives preference to the line CSS. But we won't have any overlaps.

Advantage of this is, for example Extension Mobility.

i havent been able to try these config's b/c i cant the 2811 to recognize the fxo card yet. i'll reply back once that is straight.

thanks!!

Keep in mind that you will need available DSP resources for the card to show up in the config.

Brandon

i had a vic-2fxo and NOT the required vic2-2fxo so thats why my 2811 didn't recognize it. i still haven't tested the 911 but ill update soon.

thanks.

so far i have configd a routegroup/list/pattern in ccm, i attached the pots line to the fxo on port 0/1/0 and tested the line, i added pots dialpeers, i registered the fxo endpoint with ccm and when i tested i got a reorder tone (busy). ill attach the dial peer config. do i need service mgcpapp since ccm will handle the call routing?

dial-peer voice 9911 pots

description 9911 CALLS OUT FXO

service mgcpapp

destination-pattern 9911

port 0/1/0

forward-digits 3

dial-peer voice 911 pots

description 911 CALLS OUT FXO

destination-pattern 911

no digit-strip

port 0/1/0

thanks in advance.

You are mixing H.323 config and MGCP configs in one dial-peer. Not sure which one is going to take affect.

You should use the dial-peer config el_gat posted up above. You also need the MGCP commands and CCM-Manager commands in the router. Try this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009428e.shtml

If you went through that, please post the output of the "show ccm-manager" command and the "show mgcp endpoint" commands.

Remember that CallManager controlls MGCP ports, so you don't need the destination pattern (that is the route pattern in CallManager). You don't need the forward-digits. That is taken care of in the Discard digits in the route pattern or route list.

If you are using ccm-manager config, then CallManager will put those dial-peers there for you.

You might want to test with 411 first. If you get that working, then replace the 411 with 911 so you only have to bug the PSAP once.

ill make the changes - great idea with 411!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Michael,

Nice thinking on the 411 angle. Never thought of this (brilliant!). 5 points fot this :)

Jerry, prior to testing with the PSAP/911 Office it is recommended these days to try and secure an approval from them before the actual tests. Usually a quick call or email to the Admin is appreciated by them and a much better response is accorded to you in return :)

Take care,

Rob

just an update - i have all the configs in ccm and the router and now i get the reordertone when i dial 911.

after looking at the traces it looks like the route pattern is not finding the route list - not sure how to trouble shoot this.

ideas?

thanks

Make sure your ROUTE LIST in CCM is registered. If not, RESET it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: