deleting access list, ASDM delete route

Unanswered Question
Dec 6th, 2007

I had a problem when i deleted an access-list. The GUI interface is deleting me de route associate whith the IP invoved in the access-list. This is the output in my syslog server when i deleted the ACL:

Dec 5 16:24:21 : %PIX-5-111008: User 'jvega' executed the 'no route genesis 1' command.

Dec 5 16:24:21 : %PIX-5-111008: User 'jvega' executed the 'no access-list Desa_access_in extended permit tcp host eq 21' command.

Thank's for your help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jbayuka Thu, 12/13/2007 - 13:09

No, it is expected result. If you remove any access-list especially which was created to allow/permit traffic from particular destination, then the basic characterisitic of firewall comes into effect that is by default all the traffic from the outside networs blocked.

jfbeam Mon, 12/17/2007 - 18:33

Cisco might label it a feature, but we users call it a bug. All Cisco's GUI configuration tools have similar problems... they get a little sloppy about deletions and changes. As a general rule, don't use a GUI for simple tasks. And always inspect what the tool wants to send to your router *before* it send it.

(In Cisco's defense, the tools usually warn you when it's going to do far more than you just asked it to.)

merpel Tue, 12/18/2007 - 06:46

Ok, thank's for your are right, this is a bug and the GUI interface is the problem. When i use CLI's i never have problems. May be the bug that i am hitting is CSCsg05431 bug id.

This Discussion