cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE ACNS 5.5.5 to cache/pre-load MS Sharepoint?

plemieux72
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have been unable to get the following to work... Is it even possible? If not, what would I need? WAAS?

1 HQ site, 1 branch site. An AD Domain Controller is located at each site. A Sharepoint server is located in HQ and I would like to have the branch site WAE/ACNS/WCCP transparently cache and pre-load Sharepoint content. However, because Sharepoint is part of Microsoft AD, I think I need to setup authentication/authorization on the CE. If so, what should I use? NTLM or LDAP?

When using NTLM, "latest_preload_errror" file shows authorization failed or ERROR 401: Unauthorized. "show stat ntlm" responds NTLM server ** DEAD ** whereas Global Catalog server shows ** ALIVE **.

If I use LDAP, "show stat ldap" displays 0 for all counters. And, the "latest_preload_error" file shows "Authorization failed".

I cannot find appropriate documentation for this specific setup and would appreciate any comments/help.

Thanks a million

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

This error message can also be displayed due to incorrectly configured SNMP community strings and DNS misconfigurations. To rule out this possibility, verify that these parameters have been configured correctly.

Thanks very much for your response sadbulali. I don't have any snmp stuff configured yet. Also, "ip name-server" commands are correctly pointing to the MS AD DNS servers which were confirmed to be running free of problems.

Regardless, should I use NTLM or LDAP for this? I would like to concentrate on troubleshooting one or the other.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: