cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 3.0 licensing question

davjobidon
Level 1
Level 1

What would be the right license if I have 500 devices (routers and switchs) and 1500 IP phones? 1.5 k or 5k?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 1.5K license is fine. The phones do not count against the device count.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 1.5K license is fine. The phones do not count against the device count.

Hi I have a similar question

I have about 100 switches in my network, with about 1500 users. If i buy the 300 user license, and when all is setup, i did a user aquistion top get all my users on each port (giving me user names and IP addresses). would i still just need a 300 licence or would i need one that take into account my switches and the users

Thanks

LMS is licenced on a PER DEVICE basis, which considering lots of other tools that have a per seat, per port, per element cost is quite a bargin.

The only thing you need to do is watch for the application limits. 50,000 mac addresses for user tracking per instance of campus, 5,000 collectors per instance of IPM (thats 3.01), 5,000 devices per instance of campus and DFM. You can have, depending on your licencing, up to 10,000 devices in your DCR.

Hi

Thanks for your response, however just to clarify. Per Device basis is litery every ip address it recieves? which means that it would include user details, or it just means per switch / router?

Sorry, per MANAGED device :) Ie each switch, router, access point, asa, altiga, etc that appears in your device inventory.

Thanks, that makes that a bit easier. I think i might struggle to get the 1500 device license signed off! ;-)

Thanks for your help

I have a question regarding devices and licensing. Would a firewall service module or NAM count as a seperate device even though it is housed within a 6500switch? We are looking into upgrading to LMS 3.0/300 licenses and we need to take those modules into consideration if they are counted as a device.

Yes, these would be counted as separate devices since they run their own operating system, and are addressed separately from the switch.

In the future, start a new thread for such questions. Tagging posts on to old threads may not necessarily receive any attention.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco