cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I span VLAN's across 2 Cisco 3750's?

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 2 48 port Cisco 3750's, how can I make so they act almost as one switch with Vlans?

8 Replies 8

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have the two switches connected to each other with a stacking cable?

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

Sorry this is a new area for me, I haven't linked them yet, I thought I could use and ethernet cable.

Use the stacking cable. You'll have better thoughput and you can manage both switches from one switch. then you can configure VTP, vlans, whatever, and you'll be all set.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

If you use ethernet make sure you make the port a trunk link so it will carry data for all vlans configured on your switches.

Hi, what are the commands to configure the trunk ports on those switches?

Thanks

Andy,

Stack the switches as Brad suggested. The cables came in the box. Follow this URL on the implementation (quite easy !)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12240se/scg1/swstack.htm

williamsdo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, you can use VTP and setup a VTP domain server switch and VTP client on the second switch. This will make vlan management easier because th vlan changes you make on the server will be mirrored on the client switch. You will still have to add the switchport to assigned vlans. VTP work great on large networks but I would use it on small networks also. Click on the link below for config information.

HTH

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4000/7.3/configuration/guide/vtp.html

ilovezippo
Level 1
Level 1

the tech of stack will satisfy your needs>>>>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card