cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding All question...

AuxMax001
Level 1
Level 1

I need to implement CFwd All to multiple extension via softkey. Essentially, I have calls coming into an FXO and going directly to a receptionist phone.

The problem is that I need to have a simple "on/off" button so that instead of ringing on the receptionist phone, a group of phones will ring, obviously, so someone will answer the phone.

I know a single extension can be used for Call forwarding, but I haven't seen anything about multiple extensions.

I'd greatly appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

One suggestion would be to CFA the reception phone to a broadcast line-group.

A line group allows you to designate the order in which directory numbers are chosen. Cisco Unified CallManager distributes a call to idle or available members of a line group based on a call distribution algorithm and on the Ring No Answer Reversion (RNAR) Timeout setting.

There are three steps for configuring this method:-

1. Configure the Line-Group and associate members/extensions.

2. Configure the Hunt-List and associate the Line-group in step 1 with this list.

3. Configure the Hunt-Pilot which is the specific number to call in order to route the call the line-group members. Here you associate the hunt-list in step 2.

Look at the folloing links for configuring the above:-

1.Line-Groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00808b41d4.html

2.Hunt-List

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00808b41d1.html

3.Hunt-Pilot

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00808b41d3.html

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks for the response.

However, this appears geared towards CM...this is a CME installation. My mistake...

Would this still work?

No problem, it certainly is possible to configure this functionality within CME and as a broadcast on a second-line for example. It would basically be configured as follows:-

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

name Reception

number 1001

call-forward all 2000

call-forward busy 2000

call-forward noan 2000 timeout 18

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 1002

!

ephone-dn 3 dual-line

number 1003

!

ephone-dn 4 dual-line

number 1004

!

ephone-dn 5 dual-line

number 2000

preference 1

no huntstop

!

ephone-dn 6 dual-line

number 2000

preference 2

no huntstop

!

ephone-dn 7 dual-line

number 2000

preference 3

!

ephone 1

button 1:1

!

ephone 2

button 1:2 2o5,6,7

!

ephone 3

button 1:3 2o5,6,7

!

ephone 4

button 1:4 2o5,6,7

Alternatively you could configure it as huntlist instead, which rings the numbers sequently:-

Instead of overlaying DNs on the second-line, simply create an ephone-hunt which list the number sequentially:-

ephone-hunt 1 sequential

pilot 2000

list 1002,1003,1004

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Cougars22
Level 1
Level 1

Try using overlay buttons; I do the samething in several of our locations by using overlays. I ring all of the phones on the teller lines at the same time. Example:

ephone-dn 50 dual-line

number 54200

pickup-group 1

label Overlay

description Overlay

name Overlay

preference 1

huntstop channel

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 51 dual-line