cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding All question...

AuxMax001
Level 1
Level 1

I need to implement CFwd All to multiple extension via softkey. Essentially, I have calls coming into an FXO and going directly to a receptionist phone.

The problem is that I need to have a simple "on/off" button so that instead of ringing on the receptionist phone, a group of phones will ring, obviously, so someone will answer the phone.

I know a single extension can be used for Call forwarding, but I haven't seen anything about multiple extensions.

I'd greatly appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

One suggestion would be to CFA the reception phone to a broadcast line-group.

A line group allows you to designate the order in which directory numbers are chosen. Cisco Unified CallManager distributes a call to idle or available members of a line group based on a call distribution algorithm and on the Ring No Answer Reversion (RNAR) Timeout setting.

There are three steps for configuring this method:-

1. Configure the Line-Group and associate members/extensions.

2. Configure the Hunt-List and associate the Line-group in step 1 with this list.

3. Configure the Hunt-Pilot which is the specific number to call in order to route the call the line-group members. Here you associate the hunt-list in step 2.

Look at the folloing links for configuring the above:-

1.Line-Groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00808b41d4.html

2.Hunt-List

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00808b41d1.html

3.Hunt-Pilot

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00808b41d3.html

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks for the response.

However, this appears geared towards CM...this is a CME installation. My mistake...

Would this still work?

No problem, it certainly is possible to configure this functionality within CME and as a broadcast on a second-line for example. It would basically be configured as follows:-

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

name Reception

number 1001

call-forward all 2000

call-forward busy 2000

call-forward noan 2000 timeout 18

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 1002

!

ephone-dn 3 dual-line

number 1003

!

ephone-dn 4 dual-line

number 1004

!

ephone-dn 5 dual-line

number 2000

preference 1

no huntstop

!

ephone-dn 6 dual-line

number 2000

preference 2

no huntstop

!

ephone-dn 7 dual-line

number 2000

preference 3

!

ephone 1

button 1:1

!

ephone 2

button 1:2 2o5,6,7

!

ephone 3

button 1:3 2o5,6,7

!

ephone 4

button 1:4 2o5,6,7

Alternatively you could configure it as huntlist instead, which rings the numbers sequently:-

Instead of overlaying DNs on the second-line, simply create an ephone-hunt which list the number sequentially:-

ephone-hunt 1 sequential

pilot 2000

list 1002,1003,1004

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Cougars22
Level 1
Level 1

Try using overlay buttons; I do the samething in several of our locations by using overlays. I ring all of the phones on the teller lines at the same time. Example:

ephone-dn 50 dual-line

number 54200

pickup-group 1

label Overlay

description Overlay

name Overlay

preference 1

huntstop channel

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 51 dual-line

number 54200

pickup-group 1

preference 2

huntstop channel

no huntstop

!

ephone 1

mac-address >>

username "ctteller1" password null

paging-dn 100

type 7960

button 1f1 2o50,51,52

pin 1234

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: