Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL COncerns

brent1964
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a bunch of servers inside my network (all public IPs) and need to allow communications between a server in my site to another server outside of my site. I need to do this without it affecting current ACL 125.

Is the following line correct?

Access-list 126 permit tcp host <my ip> host <their ip> eq 8315.

If so, will this have any other affect on my network? Change made last week resulted in down time of other servers.

Thanks,

Brent

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Brent, the acl is correct as long you have proper one-to-one nat for your local server and apply it to oustide interface in order to allow the inbound connection from outside server host IP to your inside local server.

ON your second concern on downtime it is hard to tell what had caused the downtime without having more detailed information of what was done. In your current acl example are you creating new acl 126 or is there an existing one, in any case if there is an existing one you are just adding another inbound acl statement to it and don't see how would this cause downtime, perhaps if you can elaborate what happened last we may understand better.

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card