cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attempt Sign-in & Default Call Handler

pruttman
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to implement a multi-tenant Unity installation. On 4.0(5) I can put in a step in call routing to play each office's main greeting if someone hits # during Attempt Sign-in.

However, in 4.2 when someone hits # it doesn't go back to call routing but, instead, just plays the Built-in Opening Greeting. I see no step in the call viewer that Unity checks the next call routing rule on 4.2 where I see this very clearly when watching the call on a 4.0(5) box. On 4.2, Does Attempt Sign-in no longer go back to the call routing rules if a user hits #?

How can I make attempt sign-in go to an office-specific greeting when the user hits # instead of a valid id and password?

Pete

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Create a new CallHandler for each office

Create a general CallHandler for when the person hits #

# sends it off to the general callhandler:

"To connect to the NYC office, press 1, press 2 for SF, press 3 for LA"

Link 1, 2, 3 to each callhandler office.

The Caller Input has to know where you want it go. Once in the CallHandler, it does not know where you came from.

The way I set it up, is that each remote office has it's "main greeting" I create this # caller input for the subscribers input. So if a caller is at a greeting for a subscriber, they press # and it goes to local office main greeting, not the "Opening greeting"

I do this for each office and create custom subscriber templates for each of the sites. The # is then preconfigured for each subscriber I add to each site.

make sense?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: