Unity Installation fails with vierd errors

Unanswered Question
Dec 6th, 2007
User Badges:

hi

i am trying to install unity on vmwar i did complete everything and started the unity installation...it taked almost an hour and a half and then it fails with some error message.... attached is the screen shot and also the log file....

please i need urgent help

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ranpierce Fri, 12/07/2007 - 07:08
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I looked at the error, what are you logged on as when installing? Have you ran permissions wizard? Have you ran CUSPA?

rlp

mohammednw Fri, 12/07/2007 - 09:25
User Badges:

hi

i am logged on using administrator account....it has domain and enterprise admin rights.....also ran the permissions wizard.... have created Unity_DirSvc and Unity_MsgStr accounts made them members of the administrators group......anything else to be done????

ranpierce Fri, 12/07/2007 - 11:20
User Badges:

I know it is frustraing, I would do what the error says and contact TAC. I have never seen that error before and I used to work at TAC.

Sorry I wasn't more of a help to you.

Good Luck

rlp

mohammednw Sun, 12/09/2007 - 02:32
User Badges:

Hi

Attached are the log files..... if these are of any help to you

Thanks

ranpierce Tue, 12/11/2007 - 07:17
User Badges:

Did you ever get this fixed? How? What was the cause of the error?

rlp

mohammednw Tue, 12/11/2007 - 07:32
User Badges:

not got it resolved yet..... will let you know when if it all i get it resolved ):

mohammednw Tue, 12/11/2007 - 21:20
User Badges:

Hi

I figured it out..... it was about the permissions...

Unity msg store needs the explicit Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store (which permissions wizard does not take care of) and also by default the account is denied Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store......

Thansk everybody who tried to help me

Actions

This Discussion