Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Installation fails with vierd errors

mohammednw
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i am trying to install unity on vmwar i did complete everything and started the unity installation...it taked almost an hour and a half and then it fails with some error message.... attached is the screen shot and also the log file....

please i need urgent help

8 Replies 8

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

I looked at the error, what are you logged on as when installing? Have you ran permissions wizard? Have you ran CUSPA?

rlp

hi

i am logged on using administrator account....it has domain and enterprise admin rights.....also ran the permissions wizard.... have created Unity_DirSvc and Unity_MsgStr accounts made them members of the administrators group......anything else to be done????

I know it is frustraing, I would do what the error says and contact TAC. I have never seen that error before and I used to work at TAC.

Sorry I wasn't more of a help to you.

Good Luck

rlp

Hi

Attached are the log files..... if these are of any help to you

Thanks

sorry the previous post does not contain the files.....find them here

Did you ever get this fixed? How? What was the cause of the error?

rlp

not got it resolved yet..... will let you know when if it all i get it resolved ):

Hi

I figured it out..... it was about the permissions...

Unity msg store needs the explicit Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store (which permissions wizard does not take care of) and also by default the account is denied Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store......

Thansk everybody who tried to help me

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: