redistribute route when remote side connects to dialer interface

Unanswered Question
Dec 7th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to redistribute a route to a device reachable via a dialer interface during the time the remote side is connected - mainly when the remote side has dialed in, the other case would be nice, but is not necessary.

The underlying situation is as follows. There are 2 routers (both 2612). On the LAN side they do hsrp. And on the WAN side each of them has 2 BRI interfaces connected to a multi-line-hunting-group for dialin and dialout. On the LAN side I would like to do dynamic routing (eigrp) so the opposite router (one of my 2 routers, not the router at the remote side) knows when there is an established connection to one of the remote sides.

Just redistributing the static routes pointing to the device(s) at the remote side(s) won't help, because dialer interfaces are up/up always. So these static routes are redistributed regardless if there is an established connection or not.

I also have no influence at the remote side(s) so redistributing from there is not possible.

Could someone of you give me a hint?

Thanks and regards

Mark

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
d-mark Fri, 12/07/2007 - 04:28
User Badges:

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. No I haven't took a look at RADIUS route download, except the quick look right now.

At the moment there is no RADIUS or other aaa server involved in the concerned scenario.

regards

Mark

Actions

This Discussion