cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5505 VPN to LinkSys WRV54G

tdenham735
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm new to the Cisco GUI (ASDM) and trying to configure a VPN between A 5505 and LinkSys WRV54G. I setup the tunnel following the manual, however I do not see a way to check the VPN status or logs via the GUI.

Do I need to go back to the command line to check the status? Is there a way to see if the VPN is or is not connect via the GUI?

Are there any publications to help better understand the ASA 5505 and VPN configurations?

4 Replies 4

tdenham735
Level 1
Level 1

This seems even more odd (from cmd line view). I am looking at the config, but seems that when I setup a VPN via the GUI it's not complete. It appears to not work at all.

Please help if you have an experience with this new GUI on the 5505. I would like to use the GUI, but seems like I may be force back to command line if the GUI is actually broken?

Is the GUI broke? Does it actually work?

when you asdm in top of screen should have

a wizards there is one for site to site and for client

Yes...I see those, and I have setup a site to site VPN to talk to the LinkSys, however I have no clue if it's working or what the status is. How can I check the status? How can I make the VPN connect or does it just try by default?

I am embarrased to admit this...but configuring the new ASA router via the wizard, I later found that a default gateway was not set! It's working now:) Jeesh!!!!

Basically that was my problem with connectivity, however I'm still unsure about how to check the tunnel status via the gui...

Any help would be appreciated:) Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: