cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR-RME synchronization

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there any way to prod RME into re-synchronizing with DCR? I recall the last time a few devices with messed-up DNS records were entered into DCR, removing them from RME after DNS got fixed did not make RME re-sync with DCR.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To add devices manually from DCR, go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices. When you click the add button, you will be presented with a list of devices in DCR, but not managed by RME. You can then choose to manage all of those devices in one shot, or pick the devices you want RME to manage.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could try unchecking the box to auto-manage devices in DCR, then apply that change, then re-checking itit.

Forgot to say I'm on LMS 2.6. This appears to be an LMS 3.x feature, as I can't find the equivalent in LMS 2.6.

No, it has existed since LMS 2.5. It's under RME > Admin > Device Mgmt > Device Management Settings.

Thanks, I was looking from the DCR end exclusively.

Approximately how long should I be waiting for the sync to come to fruition? Is there a log that registers the sync activities?

RME should attempt to auto-manage all devices in DCR once the checkbox setting has been applied. The EssentialsDM_Server log may give you some details about what it is doing. Other than this setting, you could manually select devices to add to RME from DCR.

The problem is the devices (untouched in DCR since the DNS mix-up was external to LMS) simply do not get sync'ed to RME anymore, after half an hour has passed. All I see are the following lines repeated in EssentialsDM_Server.log

[ Fri Dec 07 15:55:11 EST 2007 ],INFO ,[Thread-54],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory

.dm.server.CSTMAPIImpl,UpDateDeviceResult,632,Call back from the App Archive Mg

mt

[ Fri Dec 07 15:55:21 EST 2007 ],INFO ,[Thread-54],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory

.dm.server.CSTMAPIImpl,UpDateDeviceResult,632,Call back from the App Archive Mg

mt

I must have missed something. I don't see any option of manually sending devices from DCR to RME.

To add devices manually from DCR, go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices. When you click the add button, you will be presented with a list of devices in DCR, but not managed by RME. You can then choose to manage all of those devices in one shot, or pick the devices you want RME to manage.

It would be better to use DCRCLI to remove the old records from the database, then wait for rediscovery or add them manually.

LMS 2.x has some serious dcrdb issues as it interacts with Campus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: