cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5,2.0.238 installed on a Win 2k3 Server

kerraj2004
Level 1
Level 1

The server that I will be deploying with the CSA Agent, should it only be attached to the Group "Servers - Internally Deployed" or should it be joined to other groups as well? This server is not a file or print server but a will maintain logs so i do want the necessary protection.

Thanks,

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I don't clone everything like I did with 4.X.

It makes upgrades and management a lot easier IMHO.

Tom

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

That and "Servers - All types" sounds like a good start.

If you want to protect or audit the logs, you would need to add a few more rules.

Tom

Also, instead of nesting groups and such should I just copy the rules from the "Servers - Internally Deployed" and apply them in the copied Group of "Servers - All Types" ?

Thanks Tom,

Adam

Hi Adam, I think that's a matter of personal preference.

In 5.2, I left pretty much everything at the defaults (unlike what I did with 4.X).

My servers are all in the default servers group and in other groups based on their function.

I move all exceptions into custom exception modules in custom policies and associate them with default groups.

Again, that is my personal preference but there are others that do it differently.

HTH

Tom

so you are pretty much using the default groups and creating your exceptions as needed?

Thanks,

Adam

Yes, I don't clone everything like I did with 4.X.

It makes upgrades and management a lot easier IMHO.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: