cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cable & Wireless IP Bearer - presentation?

olivermerritt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have to setup a CM 6.0 system for a customer that is going to use 2 x 2mb IP bearers from Cable & Wireless for the voice termination - this isn't something I've used before. Would anybody be kind enough to tell me how this is likely to presented and what sort of voice gateway I would need to process the calls into CM?

Many Thanks

Oli

5 Replies 5

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Just to terminate the 2x2mb ip bearers you don't require any kind of voice gateway. if you are planning to have MGCP or PRI gateways you need to use voice gateways like 3825 or 3845.

Hi, thanks for the reply but I'm still a little unclear. If the bearers are presented as, say, RJ45 what sort of Voice WIC would be needed in an MGCP gateway? I'm familar with ISDN PRI / BRU but not this.

Thanks!

Hi, you don't need any voice VIC, you calls will go over the internet.

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Oli,

As the other guys said.. you wont need a gateway as you dont have to convert anything.

But you will need to configure either SIP or H323 trunks on your CallManager and configure route patterns to point to them etc.

You may also require translation patterns for inbound calls depending on how many digits C&W send you..

You may also require an access code to route calls out to C&W.

Best thing is to talk to C&W direct and get the exact settings.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry should also mention, if there are any firewalls in between.. you are obviously going to require IP connectivity for the chosen protocol between your CM and the C&W services.

Cheers,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: