cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mapped drives through clientless ssl vpn tunnel using smart tunnels

khambright
Level 4
Level 4

Has any one been able to access mapped drives using the smart tunnels under the clientless ssl vpn. I have tried allowing explorer.exe, net.exe, net1.exe in the application list. But it still doesn't work. Has anyone ever tried this ?

6 Replies 6

nmaio
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this working?  I am trying to get something like this working for a microsoft office application smart tunnel through the ASA.

I believe I need to add the process to the smart tunnel that is used when opening a file on a remote share/mapped drive behind the ASA.

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just a wild guess, but, what OS are you using?

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa81/config/guide/webvpn.html

reports that:

Windows Vista does not support Windows Shares  (CIFS) Web Folders.

Possiby related to the increased security on file shares added in modern Microsoft OSes?

have you tried *.exe ?

Any update on this?  CIFS doesn't work through IE on my laptop but smart tunnels do with RDP.  If I use Chrome or Firefox CIFS works but smart tunnels do not.  What a piece of crap.

nitin mohan
Level 1
Level 1

Did you managed to get solution for this ?

RDP works fine for me but not Explorer.

I have the same problem: RDP works with both the java web plugin and the smart-tunnel + windows native RDP client. File browsing however never worked: neither using \\10.10.10.10 nor \\servername nor \\servername\share. I am trying to access using the Windows file browser (explorer.exe) and the portal link.

There is no error message. Instead, just nothing happens in the explorer window.

Using ASA 9.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: