cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2.1 queueing

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have a call handler queue callers and have them wait until the next user is available for several phones/users which are configured to roll to this call handler when they are all busy? If not, is there a way to do something like this in Unity? Such as a mailbox rather than a call handler?

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There really is no way to do queuing in Unity on any version. You could setup a CallHandler that would do a supervised transfer to an extension, if they dont answer, it would go back to the Unity CallHandler and replay. The caller would have to hit the option again to be transfered.

You could also do a supervised transfer to a hunt group pilot number, where a number of phones are logged into the hunt group or logged off.

If you want to queuing, you will need to use IPCC Express. It's actually free to use with 5 users with almost all version of CUCM. (comes in the box) You just need a MCS server to run it on. (nothing is really free right?)

cheers

Thanks for the feedback, that was my understanding as well however I wanted to verify I was correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: