Unity Connection 2.0.1 forward directly to Voicebox

Unanswered Question
Dec 8th, 2007

Hi

I've got Unity Connection 2.01 running on CUCM 6.0 BE. How is it possible to disable the announcement when I choose in After Greeting Take Message as Call Action?

The announcement is already done on UCCX 5.0 and it's a bit strange for customers when they hear the same announcement twice.

Regards

Peter

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lindborg Fri, 12/14/2007 - 16:07

You can always set the greeting source to "blank" in that case - then no greeting is played and it'll just start recording - this is true for all versions of Unity and Connection.

pwenger Fri, 12/14/2007 - 16:50

I know, that you can leave a blank greeting.

That's not the issue here.

I like, that I can turn off the announcement from the system. There is always a system voice who tells you, that you can leave a message after the beep and when the caller has spoken his message he has again several options what to do with this message. That's what I like to turn off.

Hope you understand, what I mean.

Regards

Peter

cogden Wed, 12/19/2007 - 15:23

I have EXACTLY the same issue, and know what you mean.

She is a royal pain in the posterior this UnityConn2.0 'voice' when it comes to the 'Take a Message' action.

I have tried all sorts of combinations to try and get this UnityConn2.0 girl to be quiet, but no such luck yet.

If you every come up with a workaround, please post and let me know.

And I will do the same.

Many tx,

Chris

lindborg Wed, 12/19/2007 - 17:09

You can replace that prompt with a blank one system wide on 2.0 much the same way you can on Unity 4.x and earlier - it's not TAC supported, of course. The rub with 2.0 is you need root access to get at the prompt files - not sure if TAC is going that route for this type of thing or not.

As a side note, with Connection 7.0 (going to EFT soon) you'll have the option to turn that prompt off on a per greeting basis if you choose which eliminates the need for prompt hacking...

Actions

This Discussion