Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 2.0.1 forward directly to Voicebox

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I've got Unity Connection 2.01 running on CUCM 6.0 BE. How is it possible to disable the announcement when I choose in After Greeting Take Message as Call Action?

The announcement is already done on UCCX 5.0 and it's a bit strange for customers when they hear the same announcement twice.

Regards

Peter

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can always set the greeting source to "blank" in that case - then no greeting is played and it'll just start recording - this is true for all versions of Unity and Connection.

I know, that you can leave a blank greeting.

That's not the issue here.

I like, that I can turn off the announcement from the system. There is always a system voice who tells you, that you can leave a message after the beep and when the caller has spoken his message he has again several options what to do with this message. That's what I like to turn off.

Hope you understand, what I mean.

Regards

Peter

I have EXACTLY the same issue, and know what you mean.

She is a royal pain in the posterior this UnityConn2.0 'voice' when it comes to the 'Take a Message' action.

I have tried all sorts of combinations to try and get this UnityConn2.0 girl to be quiet, but no such luck yet.

If you every come up with a workaround, please post and let me know.

And I will do the same.

Many tx,

Chris

You can replace that prompt with a blank one system wide on 2.0 much the same way you can on Unity 4.x and earlier - it's not TAC supported, of course. The rub with 2.0 is you need root access to get at the prompt files - not sure if TAC is going that route for this type of thing or not.

As a side note, with Connection 7.0 (going to EFT soon) you'll have the option to turn that prompt off on a per greeting basis if you choose which eliminates the need for prompt hacking...