cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why does SDM 2.4.1 not allow managing IPS ?

tobiaseichner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

after installing SDM 2.4.1 to our Cisco 1712 (IOS 12.3(11)T8, 96 MB RAM, 32 MB Flash), I get a message that "IPS is not supported, because the router has less than 128 MB RAM".

However IPS is working fine (attack-drop.sdf) and also has been accessible with SDM 2.3.4 I had installed.

I removed all SDM files, squeezed the flash and re-uploaded them, but no luck.

Does someone have an idea what is going wrong there and how to solve the problem ?

Also I noticed that I'm unable to start the SDM by calling https://router.me.tld but have to call https://router.me.tld/archive/flash:common/common/runAPP.shtml?homeFS=flash:&commonFS=flash:&sdmFS=flash:&esFS=flash:&APP=sdm&GIF=rsdm&APPLET=XDM&&BROWSER=NS instead of.

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

SDM 2.4.1 support for theCisco IPS 4270 Sensor.

A Cisco Services for IPS service license is required for the installation of signature updates on IPS 5.x appliances, Catalyst and ASA service modules, and router network modules.

"Avoid connecting to the database directly, because doing so can cause performance reductions and unexpected system behavior.

"Do not run SQL queries against the database.

"If an online help page displays blank in your browser view, refresh the browser

But at least SDM should allow to manage an existing installation of the "old" signatures, shouldn't ?

Anyway, I more think that this is a software bug, since at the "Configure" section, the buttons "Firewall and ACLs" as well as "QoS" are out of order, too. Clicking them, simply nothing happens (the actual view does not change).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco