cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3620 Router Boot issues?

reb999000
Level 1
Level 1

My 3620 router is communicating perfectly well in my OSPF lab and I have checked the current configuation register is 0x2102 in using "show version" command, but I am getting this message below

"Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 25"

I am wondering there is a way to overcome this issue?

I would be greatful for any help

Regards

Bob.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob,

IOMEM seems to be set in your configuration. If your router is booting perfectly and this message is your concern, you can disbale it by configuring "no memsize iomem 25". This will enable SmartInit and it will take care of memory reservation.

Regards,

Nagendra

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob,

IOMEM seems to be set in your configuration. If your router is booting perfectly and this message is your concern, you can disbale it by configuring "no memsize iomem 25". This will enable SmartInit and it will take care of memory reservation.

Regards,

Nagendra

Dear Nagendra

Thanks for reply.

I have two links with different ISP's and both the links (512Kbps)are terminated on seprate seprate cisco routers(2811).Currently we are useing one link and another one link is new.I want to loadsharing and redundency between them.Right now i am not using BGP (routers are configured in simple manner).Here is a my client cost matter,so i want .My presant network seneriois like this:-

Internet Ri(Isp1)-- Layer 3 switch (working here like as a simple switch)---firewall 1 (cisco ASA5510)--firewall 2(ciscoASA5510)---Lan.

on firewall-1 remote and site to site vpn configuered, one dmz.

my lan is in 172.16.1.xx series,dmz in 172.16.4.10, and after 172.16.1.30 is using for desktop ,192.168.x.x is managment ip.

Right now i have one another internet link(512kbps) from different ISP.

So please advise me how can i do that (loadbalancing with redundeny). once i was trying oer but not successfull due to IOs image (c2800nm-ipbasek9-mz.124-11.T.bin)and

ISP's AS.it can be possible through natting,and ACL. or ple give me any idea with OER or any solution.If possible ple send me also sample configuration.

If u want any info ,ple tell me .

Please reply me as soon as possible , i am waiting for your reply

Thanks and regards,

sujeet.

reb999000
Level 1
Level 1

Naikumar,

This has certainly enabled it as I used the "no memory-size iomem 25" command in the privileged mode.

Great many thanks Naikumar!

Regards

Bob.

reb999000
Level 1
Level 1

Naikumar,

Please forgive me for the above error, I'v used this command in the global configuation mode.

Regards

Bob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco