cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on voice mail

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have 3 users sharing same extension( shared line) in CCM 4.1 , i want to know whether they can access common mail box. Because we can not create 3 subscriber in the unity for the single ext no. how to go give voice mail facility to the 3 users who is sharing the Ext.pls explain

Regards

esa

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Esa,

Hope all is well with you! If you want all three users to share one mailbox, you should be able to just set it up under one of the users names or even a generic name and share the password info between the three. Because this is a shared number, when a message is left all three phones should light the MWI Lamp. When any of the users accesses VM from the phone the VM System should recognize the number and give the appropriate prompts.

If you wanted all three users to have their own individual mailboxes off the one shared line you would need to setup a Call Handler on the shared line with a Press 1 for A,Press 2 for B and Press 3 for C. These Press 1,2 and 3 choices could then route to three individual mailboxes listed under different (perhaps phantom) numbers.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob.How are you. Thank you very much for your reply.If u do not mind, can u tell me how to configure the Call handler for this issue.It will be nice of you.

Thanks

esa

Does it have to be setup as a call handler? I have just used the caller input and mapped a key to phanton numbers. Now I know at least in my case if I need the "press 1" to dial a number and it is long distance then I need a call handler.

It doesn't have to be a call handler, like you said you can just use caller input to transfer from vm to vm and have the initial vm box greeting setup to inform callers of caller input options.

All depends on needs and resources. i.e How many VM licenses you have left...etc.