I am deploying RME and have problem putting all together.
i have set the following on the switch;
logging host address
logging trap informational
I need help to continue from this level so as to copy images from the switches. i have 3550,3560 and 4503....
Thank You and Kind Regards,
- First of all, you should configure the following on your device:
snmp-server community public RO
snmp-server community private RW
- Then make sure that you have the device in CS and RME so you are able to manage it. (discovery is done or you added the device manually)
- Go to CS > Device and Credentials > Device Management > select your device > click on Edit Credentials > enter the credentials (minimum the following are needed: username, pwd, enable pwd, snmp RO and RW)
- set the Transport Protocol Order at RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings
- set the Image Transfer Protocol Order at RME > Admin > Software Mgmt > View/Edit Preferences
- go to RME > Software Mgmt > Software Repository > click on Add > select "Device" as source > click on Next > select the device itself > select the image you have on the device > click on Next > enter a "Job Description" > click on Next > click on Finish > you will get a job ID
- Go to RME > Job Mgmt > RME Jobs > wait until the your job finishes (you may need to refresh the screen)
- if the job was sucessful, go back to RME > Software Mgmt > Software Repository and your IOS should be there