Views
Helpful
Replies

RME4.0.3

itssnsu07
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am deploying RME and have problem putting all together.

i have set the following on the switch;

logging on

logging host address

logging trap informational

I need help to continue from this level so as to copy images from the switches. i have 3550,3560 and 4503....

Thank You and Kind Regards,

Genet T.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gaborjuhasz
Level 1
Level 1

- First of all, you should configure the following on your device:

snmp-server community public RO

snmp-server community private RW

- Then make sure that you have the device in CS and RME so you are able to manage it. (discovery is done or you added the device manually)

- Go to CS > Device and Credentials > Device Management > select your device > click on Edit Credentials > enter the credentials (minimum the following are needed: username, pwd, enable pwd, snmp RO and RW)

- set the Transport Protocol Order at RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings

- set the Image Transfer Protocol Order at RME > Admin > Software Mgmt > View/Edit Preferences

- go to RME > Software Mgmt > Software Repository > click on Add > select "Device" as source > click on Next > select the device itself > select the image you have on the device > click on Next > enter a "Job Description" > click on Next > click on Finish > you will get a job ID

- Go to RME > Job Mgmt > RME Jobs > wait until the your job finishes (you may need to refresh the screen)

- if the job was sucessful, go back to RME > Software Mgmt > Software Repository and your IOS should be there

Hth!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gaborjuhasz
Level 1
Level 1

- First of all, you should configure the following on your device:

snmp-server community public RO

snmp-server community private RW

- Then make sure that you have the device in CS and RME so you are able to manage it. (discovery is done or you added the device manually)

- Go to CS > Device and Credentials > Device Management > select your device > click on Edit Credentials > enter the credentials (minimum the following are needed: username, pwd, enable pwd, snmp RO and RW)

- set the Transport Protocol Order at RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings

- set the Image Transfer Protocol Order at RME > Admin > Software Mgmt > View/Edit Preferences

- go to RME > Software Mgmt > Software Repository > click on Add > select "Device" as source > click on Next > select the device itself > select the image you have on the device > click on Next > enter a "Job Description" > click on Next > click on Finish > you will get a job ID

- Go to RME > Job Mgmt > RME Jobs > wait until the your job finishes (you may need to refresh the screen)

- if the job was sucessful, go back to RME > Software Mgmt > Software Repository and your IOS should be there

Hth!

Thank You Very much for your time and assistance. I did find a documentation yesterday and could manage to configure it. thank you so much again.

GT.