Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Count on WCS flapping

alvin1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Our WCS has been deployed and running for more than a year. Recently we have added more controllers (4 X 4404) to be monitored by the WCS. The WCS is running 4.1.91.0 on RHEL 4 update 1. The WLCs are running 4.1.185. We noticed on the Network Summary page of WCS where the client graph is, the graph is showing flaps of the client count on intervals of 15-20 mins. At one point we can see the graph showing 600 clients,then the graph will dip all the way to 0 within 15 mins and it will rise again. On further investigation, all client count reports on all individual controllers (9 controllers) revealed flapping client count. We checked the network infra for problematic links but no fault was discovered at the network layer. FYI, we also have a WLA ver 3.1.35.0.

Can anyone help?

3 Replies 3

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

Is the client flapping occuring at any regular intervals or is it occuring because of any specific external events??

Also, post the logs from the controller as well as from the WCS during this client count flapping.

Hi, the client flapping is occurring at regular interval. How do I capture the logs from WCS? from what i remember, i need to download a lot of log files from the WCS. Is that right?

Upgrade the WCS & Location server to the latest releases. I had this same issue when running WCS 4.2 with a old Location release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card