Views
Helpful
Replies

Wan link balancer.

lalmohammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have got two firewall running in the active/standby mode they are connected to the two number of router. I have got two internet links from two different service providers terminating over each router. I have natted the web server with public IP of one ISP; if that ISP link goes down how will I use the other ISP link automatically. Is there any way to do that? If I am using the link load balancer how will I do the same?

Please help me on both the option with the load balancer and without the load balancer.

Thanks & Regards,

Lal Mohammad.

1 Reply 1

jean.christophe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You said:

"I have natted the web server with public IP of one ISP; if that ISP link goes down how will I use the other ISP link automatically."

This will not work. ISP2 will not let you send and receive traffic where the IP source/destination is of ISP1.

Even if they let you go through them with that ISP1 public IP, the return traffic will end within ISP1 and will never reach you.

You might want to NAT at the router level and not on the firewall.

This way traffic crossing Router 1 will be nated with ISP1 public IP and traffic crossing Router 2 will be nated with ISP2 public IP.

HTH

Christophe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card