Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Codec issue

manojpillai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have a CCM 4.2 and CCME standalone in one site.

conferencing and transcoding are working fine.

but when a call comes from one region

and hits to voicemail its giving busy tone.i think its because unity wont accept G729 codec.

but already transcoding is been configured.

we need to configure any other options ?

please reply

thanks

Manoj

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manoj,

You are on the right track here for sure :)

This is surely a codec/transcoding issue here. CUE only does G711 and the calls are probably coming in G729a as you most correctly noted. There is a need in this setup for ***local Transcoding.

Codecs and Transcoding

Cisco Unity Express supports only G.711 voice streams, so all calls made into the system (including those from IP phones, PSTN gateway ports and any other VoIP equipment in your network) must use G.711 if they enter the AA or voice mail pilot numbers that terminate on Cisco Unity Express.

If you require that G.729A calls traverse IP segments of your network between sites, and that these calls forward or dial direct into Cisco Unity Express AA or voice mail, then you must use a transcoding resource ****collocated with Cisco Unity Express**** to change the voice stream from G.729A to G.711 before the voice stream enters the AA or ***voice mail pilot numbers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00804993c0.html#wp1011776

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob

actually Transcoding is already configured in CCME side.

im attaching config.

please check

Many Thanks

Manoj Pillai

Thanks Rob

i have the same seeting as he have quoted.

dtmf-sip-relay and codec g711.

one transcoding profile is enough right ?

please reply

many Thanks

Manoj

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manoj,

Sorry my friend, I am at a bit of a loss here :( My best advice would be to re-post this question in the Unified Applications (Unity) section of this Forum where some experts can help you.

I am sorry that I couldn't be of more help here!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manoj,

Sorry my friend, I am at a bit of a loss here :( My best advice would be to re-post this question in the Unified Applications (Unity) section of this Forum where some experts can help you.

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manoj,

Rob

Thanks very much Rob for your help

k_vishwesh
Level 1
Level 1

Manoj,

I was going through your configuration,and found the follwoing config for ip to ip gateway missing:

allow-connections h323 to sip.

Since the dialpeer connected to CUE is configured or supported on SIP protocol,in your configration you need to do the above configuration.

Let me know once done.

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Manoj

Did you end up fixing this issue?  What did you do?  The connection is CCM to Unity Express so it should not involved the gateway.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: