Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Tunneling Problems

martinhayes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was wondering if anybody could help me out here. I have been following the guidelines as per the WLC softweare configuration guide with regards to configuring the internal controller which is pretty straightforward. The mobility anchor is up with the DMZ controller however I am not sure what configuration is required on the DMZ controller itself with regards to DHCP and the Guest WLAN itself. To be honest the documentation is a bit skimpy to say the least.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wiluszm
Level 1
Level 1

Martin,

I share your frustrations with the documentation on the guest access. From what you stated you're having trouble with how guest access mobility is configured with respect to DHCP. Hope this helps.

The first part is well documented. Setup a mobility group between the remote and DMZ controller. Make sure it's up. Now we'll move onto DHCP configuration.

1) On the DMZ controller, configure a DHCP pool for the guest clients. Make sure you build a WLAN and bind it to the proper interface

2) On the remote controller, under your "management" interface set the DHCP server to be the ip address of the management interface on the DMZ controller. Very important!

3) Build the guest WLAN on the remote controller with the same configuration and bind it's interface to the management interface of the remote controller.

Voila... all DHCP requests will now be forwarded to the DMZ anchor.

Anything else I can help with let me know.

-Mike

http://cs-mars.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jim.armstrong
Level 1
Level 1

Martin

I followed this guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.1/GAccess_41.html

And am similarly stumped

It is a poorly written implementation guide at best.

Regards

Jim

wiluszm
Level 1
Level 1

Martin,

I share your frustrations with the documentation on the guest access. From what you stated you're having trouble with how guest access mobility is configured with respect to DHCP. Hope this helps.

The first part is well documented. Setup a mobility group between the remote and DMZ controller. Make sure it's up. Now we'll move onto DHCP configuration.

1) On the DMZ controller, configure a DHCP pool for the guest clients. Make sure you build a WLAN and bind it to the proper interface

2) On the remote controller, under your "management" interface set the DHCP server to be the ip address of the management interface on the DMZ controller. Very important!

3) Build the guest WLAN on the remote controller with the same configuration and bind it's interface to the management interface of the remote controller.

Voila... all DHCP requests will now be forwarded to the DMZ anchor.

Anything else I can help with let me know.

-Mike

http://cs-mars.blogspot.com

Hi Mike

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. We've got it working now thankfully but to say it is a dark art is an understatement :)

Happy Christmas

Cheers,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card