Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in configuring E1

dbenattou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have one 2851 with 2 E1, i have configured the first when i want to configure the second, the following message is displayed :

Router(config-controller)#pri-group ti

Router(config-controller)#pri-group timeslots 1-31

% Not enough DSP resources available to configure pri-group on controller E1 0/0/1

% The remaining dsp resources are enough for 6 time slots.

% For current codec complexity, 2 extra dsp(s) are required to create this voice port.

when i type sh inventory, i find that i have PVDM2-48

Router#SH INVENtory

NAME: "2851 chassis", DESCR: "2851 chassis"

PID: CISCO2851 , VID: V04 , SN: FCZ1145718B

NAME: "Two port E1 voice interface daughtercard on Slot 0 SubSlot 0", DESCR: "Two port E1 voice interface daughtercard"

PID: VWIC-2MFT-E1 , VID: V02, SN: 36010647

NAME: "2nd generation four port FXO voice interface daughtercard on Slot 0 SubSlot 1", DESCR: "2nd generation four port FXO voice interface daughtercard"

PID: VIC2-4FXO , VID: V02 , SN: FOC11412LLL

NAME: "2nd generation four port FXO voice interface daughtercard on Slot 0 SubSlot 2", DESCR: "2nd generation four port FXO voice interface daughtercard"

PID: VIC2-4FXO , VID: V02 , SN: FOC11401M2Q

NAME: "2nd generation four port FXO voice interface daughtercard on Slot 0 SubSlot 3", DESCR: "2nd generation four port FXO voice interface daughtercard"

PID: VIC2-4FXO , VID: V02 , SN: FOC11412LPY

NAME: "PVDMII DSP SIMM with three DSPs on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDMII DSP SIMM with three DSPs"

PID: PVDM2-48 , VID: V01 , SN: FOC11373EWK

NAME: "AIM Service Engine 0", DESCR: "AIM Service Engine"

PID: AIM-CUE , VID: V03 , SN: FOC114146D6

i don't know if it's suffisant to support 2 ports with 30 channels for everyone.

i wait for your feedback.

thanks

2 Replies 2

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

With the configuration you have, at minimum you will need 1 PVDM2-48 + 1 PVDM2-16 + 1 PVDM2-8

This is considering G.711 codec. If you are using higher complexity codecs, the DSP requirement will increase.

You can get this calculation using DSP calculator here (Registered users)

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/cisco_prodsel.pl

The following document will explain some more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3115/products_qanda_item0900aecd8016c6ad.shtml

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Given the specifications or hardware requirements for your router platform there are insufficient DSPs as you already know, and the output suggest you require 2 additional DSPs.

For you information a single PVDM2-48 supports 3 DSPs and in order to support your configuration of 2 E1 Pri trunks and 3 4-Port FXO modules you will require 5 DSPs in total for FLEX complexity, this is the absolute minimum.

Therefore in order to utilise you exiting PVDM2-48 you will require additional 32 voice-channels, the PVDM combinations are broken down as follows. I believe 2851 support 3 PVDMS:-

one PVDM2-64 + one PVDM2-8

two PVDM2-32 + one PVDM2-8

one PVDM2-16 + one PVDM2-48 + one PVDM2-8.

If you have on a single PRI trunk then a PVDM2-48 would be sufficient for a single E1 and 12 FXO ports. This is not including any harward transcoding/conferencing, if you require such resource then you will definately require additional PVDMs.

Hope this helps

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: