cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet redundancy with two ISP

sunil
Level 1
Level 1

Required redundancy for internet browning (only outbound traffic) and load sharing with two ISPs bandwidth.

Note both router Ethernet interface and Firewall outside interface having public IP address. Customer is not looking BGP solution.Anybody can help me for this.

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could add two default routes in the ASA, each pointing to the E0 interface of a router.

HTH and please rate.

Hi Celark,

Thanks for your response, can I achieve load balance for internet with multiple default route on ASA.

In order to achieve load balance, both ISPs must announce your routes. Without BGP, I don't see how this is going to work.

You may force load balance on packets leaving the interface(s) but you need to think about the return traffic as well.

BGP is not required since you're looking to load balance outbound only. Like Edison noted, the return traffic will not be balanced in any sort of way. The two default routes is a poor way of load-balancing, however with the equipment you have it will work, but certainly don't expect a 1:1 ratio.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: