RME 4.0.6: SWIM1124 - copyInvalidServerAddress

reti.zoltan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

I've got the following error message:

--------

The supported protocols for image transfer are: TFTP

Importing the image c3845-advsecurityk9-mz.124-17.bin from the device flash:1 into the Software Repository.

Image will be copied to rep_sw_228742436967123769 using TFTP.

Could not import c3845-advsecurityk9-mz.124-17.bin from the device.

Error Message:

SWIM1124: Failed to copy the image from Flash due to the reason - copyInvalidServerAddress :invalid server address specified.

Retry the operation. If the problem persists, check the Bug Toolkit application for any known issues on the running image version.

Image Import Operation Failed

--------

Could you please let me know what does this error mean?

Is this an IOS bug or RME bug?

Thanks in advance for your help.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to tell if this is an IOS or RME problem, a sniffer trace or a swim_debug.log job log with Software Management debugging is required.

Hi Joe,

I've already collected the swim_debug.log and all files under the jobID directory.

You can find them in the attachment. (cw_log.rar)

The customer is using SSH to connect to the devices (telnet is not allowed in his network). This deviece is behind a firewall but I've already requested the customer to double check the FW settings. He said that it works manually, however, he got some . (dot) during the transmission.

Please let me know if you need any other file/information from the customer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

oops... the password for the file is cisco.

It looks like RME is setting up a FLASH-MIB operation to copy flash:c3845-advsecurityk9-mz.124-17.bin to 172.16.1.215. Is this the correct IP address for the RME server? That is, can the device in question access this IP address?

Hi Joe,

I'm Gabor, a colleague of Zoltan.

Yes, 172.16.1.215 is the correct IP address of the RME server and again yes, the device can reach the server.

Regarding the sniffer trace, it seems, we still need to wait for the customer. :(

Best Regards,

Gabor

One more thing...

We increased the TFTP timeout from 5 to 15 on the RME server but the result is the same. Is it enough or should we increase it to a higher value?

Regards,

Gabor

Can you do it manually from the server RME is installed on? Looks like it may be a PIX issue not allowing the tftp from the RME server to the device. Test it manually from there and also get a packet capture like jclarke said earlier for more detail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco