Vibrate URI on 7921 not working

Unanswered Question
Dec 10th, 2007

Hello,

I am trying to leverage the vibrate feature on a 7921G. I actually am trying to get 2 features going; audio and visual.

I have found (to no ones surprise) that it seems the functionality changes depending on the firmware. I have found that while using 5.1.1b CCM with firmware 1.0.0.84 I can get the Play URI to work on the 7921. However, I cannot get the vibrate to work.

When I upgraged the phones to firmware 1.03 or 1.0.4 I cannot get either Play or Vibrate to work.

My vibrate syntax is as follows:

<CiscoIpPhoneExecute>

<ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="Vibrate:1000:1000:2"/>

</CiscoIpPhoneExecute>

When I attempt this, I get the following error:

VibratePhone() - Exception - com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: CCNException not handled:com.cisco.cti.client.CCNException: deviceDataPassThrough request failed

I am using JTAPI to perform the execute so authentication should not be an issue. I have verified the phone in question is associated to the correct user. I have the play uri working on the older firmware using:

<CiscoIpPhoneExecute>

<ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="Play:Bass.raw"/>

</CiscoIpPhoneExecute>

Any thoughts out there in getting this to work.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
msabir Tue, 12/11/2007 - 06:39

Sounds like a bug in the firmware. I have been able to make it work, but I don't have the firmware info. in front of me. Your syntax is right and it was working with 1.00.84.1. This is not the first time I have seen bugs in firmware. Sometimes the version fixes things, but also introduces new bugs.

markoller Sun, 12/16/2007 - 18:17

I have a similar issue with my app, I get really mixed results with various firmwares. I agree that your syntax looks right.

Actions

This Discussion