cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wep works - WPA doesn't

jing_nghik
Level 1
Level 1

Im desperate for any configuration on my WLC besides wep. Inputting ascii or hex into each phone is a pain and I would love the WPA encryption. What can I do to get this working on the CP-7920. It seems to not want to authenticate. It works fine on WEP with 40, 128 bit, but I just rather have WPA with a preshared key and something easier to remember and less prone to being compromised by the less secure wep encryption.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

7920 supports both ascii and hex for WPA-PSK. Can use the config utility via usb to configure the phone if not wanting to use the keypad.

For 802.1x, the 7920 supports only LEAP or EAP-FAST. Set to AKM if using WPA or other key management type.

View solution in original post

7920 doesn't support AES. So only WPA-PSK version 1 is supported, but must set mode to AKM and configure the pre-shared key.

The 7921 does support WPA2/AES.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

7920 supports both ascii and hex for WPA-PSK. Can use the config utility via usb to configure the phone if not wanting to use the keypad.

For 802.1x, the 7920 supports only LEAP or EAP-FAST. Set to AKM if using WPA or other key management type.

I didnt know AES had to be set on the actual phones. It worked. Thanks alot !

7920 doesn't support AES. So only WPA-PSK version 1 is supported, but must set mode to AKM and configure the pre-shared key.

The 7921 does support WPA2/AES.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card