cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 Service Module does not show up

bcooper
Level 1
Level 1

Strange one here. I have a T1 WIC in slot 0/0. I am trying to show the interface s0/0 and it does not show up and the remote router interface is down.

SH ip interface brief does not show this interface either. A show diag shows WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 in slot1.

Show config shows the serial 0/0 configuration. but a show run does not show the serial interface at all.

How do I redifine the WIC module ? Card Type T1 0 does not work..it shows a sytax error under card ?

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Can you try issuing the card tyoe command under slot 1 as the sh diag seems to point it to slot1

Narayan

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

One reason can be broken or malfunctioning hardware. If the hardware is destroyed and thus not discovered by IOS, then the interfaces will not show up in the running-config. Be aware, "show config" shows you the startup-config, which is a stored file used during the boot process.

In case the interface is not detected and reference to it with configuration commends will result in a syntax error or "illegal command".

So one thing you could do is to try to reseat the hardware, which requires to power off the router, depending on the model.

If that does not work you might have to RMA the part.

Regards, Martin

bpierce
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same exact issue it was the ISO version, I have a second WIC that is an older version and I had to ensure that remained active.

Once I upgraded the ISO version to 12.3 the second WIC showed up as expected in the sh run command

I hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card